Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Today is the Day

I don’t know how I feel. The DC universe is getting a do over. 52 titles are getting the reboot. I can almost feel the collective DC board hoping and praying this marketing scheme will prevail. I for one said there was no way I was going to pick up Justice League of America #1, and I meant it. Didn't I? Here I sit in front of my computer waiting for the USPS service to arrive and drop off my latest CGC graded comic book before heading to my LCS to pick up my new books.

I plan on getting Flashpoint #5 and although I have not been following the side storylines I may pick them up as trades if I really need them for the storyline. But why did I even pick up Flashpoint to begin with? I love cliff hangers. Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child are great novelists in my opinion and when I saw the last page of issue #1 of DC’s major story of the year I was hooked. I loved the twist of Thomas Wayne surviving and his son Bruce Wayne was killed instead after seeing Zorro.

So what am I going to do when I am in my LCS skimming through the comic book? Am I going to buy it? Will I pass? Will I love it so much I will spend my hard earned money on a copy in a CGC Gem Mint ten? As a Marvelite, I should pass. As a person who is limited in space, I should pass. My limited funds tell me to pass. But my collector’s heart scrams at me to buy 50 copies. So maybe I’ll just get one, you know, to read it.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment