Sunday, August 28, 2011

Waiting Out the Storm


I was supposed to work a double today. The night was so dreadfully slow that after nine and half hours they asked if I wanted to go home. I figure since I am just working a double again tomorrow I would. I made it home during a slow portion of the hurricane slightly envious that the people at work will still be able to watch the show. I have windows but living in the basement does not give me a room with a view.

For about five days I was not able to use my computer since I thought there was some hidden virus even after doing a virus scan. My best friend looked it over and gave me the clean bill of health, well my computer anyway. It seemed it might be Verizon’s fault with my USB connection the internet. I am updating my drivers and I hope that I won’t have another problem, but this gives me piece of mind because now I can try to update my CGC collection by taking pictures and uploading them to the registry.

I have many pieces of my collection that along with the purchase I was able to download the appropriate photo. Not so with books I had graded myself. Tonight might be a good night to pull some of my graded books out and do my best to photograph them without a flash or reflection and load them to the computer. Afterwards I just have to configure them to be under the required allotted amount of digital space. Who knows, maybe I can do this until it gets so bad….my electric goes out.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment