Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday, Monday

Every Monday I know I only have a couple days until comic books come out. This seems unusual for someone who doesn’t collect but no different than someone who can’t wait till Friday to start the weekend with a drink. We all have our rituals weather it is weekly, monthly or even daily. The comic books I choose are the ones I enjoy to read, I tend to stop collecting something if it loses my interest. I just don’t have the extra funds to purchase comic books in that way. I used to. I bought things just to help my collection grow.

I buy trades now on certain Mini-Series rather than get all issues with all variant covers. I want the story. I want to be entertained. Many smaller publishers will have limited series and only limited series. I enjoy this more than someone starting over. I know I am going to get a full story. It is going to start and it is going to end. Many titles that are continuous have added limited runs to add to their story; Magic was such a title for the New Mutants. It nestled in between a few panels of New Mutants #14.

Monday is also that strange day because it is not a day that I wake up and have to start a first day of the week. I have one day off and that is Thursday. My work day starts on a Sunday at 11 and end early Monday morning between 3 and four, this makes it my shortest work day. I also tend to edit some of my articles. In other words what you read is either a first draft that I tend to post and then rehash it over and over for it to be perfect.

Comic books are a simple means to tell a story. Sometimes these stories are grand in scope over decades of writing. Other times they are a small tale that will ripple across a lake. But every Wednesday I make the trek to my comic shop with the full intent to buy new comic books for the day and then on my way home amongst the bustle of public transportation I start to read a few rewarding my week not with a beer but with a story.


Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment