Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Coffee with My Dad Part II

Every Wednesday without fail a package is due to be delivered. Let me explain further because that sounds like I get a package once a week. Whenever I order something, it seems without fail I will have this package delivered to me on a Wednesday. I don’t trust the USPS, they have proven themselves to be unreliable and sneaky even with a signature required. These days I ask for the package to be delivered to my father’s or through Fed Ex. My latest package was ordered over a week ago and somehow I knew it was to be delivered on a Wednesday.

After getting my confirmation that the package was picked up on a Saturday from Ohio I was overjoyed that I would be getting it Tuesday, my weekly Wednesday curse was broken, until I read closer. It stated that the package would be picked up the next business day due to the time. I was foiled again. Don’t these people know that I get my new comic books on Wednesday? Not only do I get my comic books on this day but I also see my father for coffee. I just never had an order this large come in before, or one that I want so bad.

I tend to be ritualistic. Every Wednesday morning the comic books shop, Wednesday night and I hang out with my best friend, Tuesdays and Thursday evenings I play pool, and so on. This package gives me pause. Two reasons both I hinted at, one I been wanting these comic books for so long and two I am afraid I won’t get them…..so what am I going to do Wednesday morning? I am going to go get coffee with my Dad.


Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment