Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Almost Like Christmas Morning

Every Fed Ex Shipment I have ever gotten was always in the morning, a Wednesday morning. I remember this mainly for the fact that they always had to redeliver since I was with my Father for coffee. This time it was different. This time they delivered in the afternoon…when I sleep. Which let’s face it, how many of you as a child had trouble sleeping before Christmas morning.

My seven New Mutants graded in a 9.8 arrived a little past four in the afternoon. I should have went back to bed because I can only sleep about an hour more before going and hanging out with my best friend. I tossed and turned for fifteen minutes before realizing there would be no sleeping for me. My Christmas package had arrived and was silently pleading for me to open it. Who am I to deny a good package what it wants.

I opened the box, popcorn peanuts, bubble wrap, and comic books are what were inside. I ignored the invoice. Did I really want to recall what I paid? I did make sure all eleven books were in there and decided to start placing them on the registry, which coincidently thrusts me into first place. There are still a few others that I need but it feels so good that the number has diminished. With a series that spanned 100 issues, 7 annuals, 1 Special (by Art Adams no less) and a Graphic Novel for a total of 109 issues. If I don’t have them in a 9.8 I don’t have them at all with the exception of the graphic Novel. The best I have so far is only a 9.4.

The best part about them getting to me in the afternoon is I still got to have Breakfast with my Dad, my Wednesday comic pull list completed, and my package without having to wait an excruciating extra 24 hours.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment