Friday, August 5, 2011

What are they Worth?

Looking for the best comic book isn’t always easy. CGC has made it simple and easy for me to find them if they are available, because some of them are not. I will soon have the best collection of new Mutants. That does not mean I am not envious of the current holder of that prestigious title. I realized I did earn it and I hope to keep it. I spent money through different avenues to have the best collection. But do I have the best. His could be argued either way since there are two books that I do not have and most likely out of those two, on one of them I never ill.

E-bay has been a great source for the books I search for. It was my only source until I became more aware of my surroundings. It is funny that way because you don’t realize what a large portion of this comic book universe is without immersing yourself into it. I think of a pool in the middle of summer and instructional swim is first thing in the morning. The pool is till cold from the night before and you ry to step in slowly to adjust when it is so much easier to just jump in.

Collecting CGC is not something you can just jump into, it is expensive. Every single New Mutants issue other than two (87 and 98) could be purchased in a back issue box for no greater that $5 a piece. I have them all. I purchased every single one from issue #15 to #100 at cover price. The first fourteen however I had to track down. Memory falls me on the majority of them but I am 100 percent sue I purchased #8 for $1. I am ninety percent sure I purchased the book in Ventnor, NJ.

I am currently trying to figure out exactly what my New Mutants Collection is worth. A collection is not necessarily worth what you paid for it. For Instance I bought a 9.9 graded copy of New Mutants #1 for 300 dollars. Someone else got a copy off of eBay for 150, and now is trying to sell it for 300. He thinks the book is worth that much. It isn’t. I over spent. I am happy I have it, and happier still that places like eBay give me a chance to see what other people will purchase a book for.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment