Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Release Date Wednesday

After working the night shift from Tuesday night into Wednesday Morning I go see my father for coffee. This is followed by standing outside my Local Comic Shop’ Fat Jack’s. I prepare myself by using Comixology by clicking of the books I want and referring to the e-mail I get to see what books I am going to purchase. Today I am not able to do that.

I am picking up an extra shift at work. When things are slow and money gets tighter the things to usually go first are the luxuries, in this case comic books. I vowed I would never be in that kind of position again. I might not be able to get all the books I want or to be able to try out a new book. The there are the CGC graded books I lie to collect. These are even more expensive. So here I am working 24 out of 32 hours and pushing back when I get my new comic books by one day.

I already know the amount of work I will need to do, I just don’t know how much money I will make. I will struggle; I will prevail tomorrow, slightly tired, partially worn, but most defiantly eager to get my comic books one day late on Thursday Morning. What days do you go get your comic books, and what happens when you don’t get to get those on the day you plan to have new comic books in hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment