Monday, August 15, 2011

What Happens when you Finish?

I am stuck. Out of the current set I am working to finish I only need five more. One is an upgrade and the others I do not have at all. Out of those remaining four, two of them do not currently exist. This might give me a moment to regroup my finances and start something new. I’d say I would give DC a chance but as I did in the past I just stopped collecting. It is nothing against DC, I just think that Marvel has captured childhood memories and I am trying to recapture those. He again I might collect them like I did with the Blackest Night story and get them in trade.

Daredevil is another character that has held solid for me….does that make sense? I only need three more out of the series. Tree more out of a series that went over 500 issues is not bad. Of course they did the unthinkable and started over with a number one…. again. I have wanted to get the Daredevil Miller years starting at issue #158 and ending at #191 in a 9.8. That will definitely add up, but I need a goal and that seems to be as good as any.

At times I have wondered why I collect. I never answered myself. In fact a friend I know hates that I collect, but I think that is only because she doesn’t understand. Have you ever had that, a friend that hates your collection and even more comic books themselves for no reason? This doesn’t bother me. I am old enough now to know comic books are cool, just like bow ties. One day I might find that woman who understands my craving for Wednesdays, and maybe she’ll have that craving too.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment