Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dropping a Work Shift

I work, sometimes I work too much. The extra hours I put in are rewarded with comic books. One such reward arrived this past Wednesday afternoon. Normally I get these things delivered in the morning and I have to wait till Thursday anyway. Not so this time since my package arrived through a different hub. This destroyed all sleep. Every car I heard made my jump thinking it was Santa bringing me my toys… I mean Fed Ex bringing me my Comic Books.

I just got finished adding my New Mutants issue #’s to my registry. This placed me in first. It took a long time to get here and there is no guarantee I will remain. The books are more expensive. I won’t deny that. For what I spent on new Mutants #98 signed by Rob Liefeld could have netted me the whole series….twice. I am ok with that because it is fun collecting these…over. Not only can I share them with others, they know that to get a better set they will have to compete with me.

I have another set in mind that I want to collect but to get a better set then the current first place holder will be somewhat difficult if not next to impossible. I did get to sleep and am refreshed for the next day after an evening of playing pool and cleaning my residence. I am trying to find a new way to display my comic books…and these things are getting heavier.

Are there any times that you pick up an extra shift just to buy an extra book or two? Did you ever wait all day for a packaged cancelling out anything else you were supposed to do?

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment