Thursday, September 1, 2011

Today is the Day....After

After getting two CGC graded comic books in the mail and a broken toe which was not in the mail but from getting the mail I went to my LCS to pick up my comic books. The whole way there I denied myself the right to purchase the new JLA. I was getting Flashpoint but there was no singe way I was going to start with the new 52. I said this. I thought this, but I knew I would be buying the New JLA. On the way home I read Flash Point and JLA.

I wanted to see where they were going and unless they can explain something better I am already upset at how this is going. After one book and I already see a flaw, a major one. This is a blog and I plan to rant freely but if you haven’t read the aforementioned books read no further. This is your warning. At the end of Flashpoint Bruce Wayne knew who the Flash was. You could tell they were friends. An ominous entity explained to the Flash as everything was changing that although there were three there is now one (Future story line here for “their” impending arrival). I can deal with that, it is a comic book. I can even deal with the note the Flash took with him from Thomas Wayne to Bruce Wayne. In fact I like that, I like that a lot. It was nice to see an emotional side to Bruce.

What I don’t understand in the next book I read drawn by the Amazing Jim Lee (I never realized how much I missed his artwork). Green Lantern and Batman meet for the first time. Two major JLA’ers coming together fresh and by the end of the issue the third major player is introduced, Superman Not to skip Vic who was also shown amongst the pages as an amazing basketball star but the major three didn’t seem to know each other, and if that is the case how come Bruce Wayne was so knowledgeable about Barry Allen. How can they start over new, not have Green lantern and Batman know each other but still have The Flash know Batman. Unless The Flash knows everyone and everyone knows the Flash I for one am going to be very upset at this re-launch because all they did was start off with a huge mistake. Give it a year and they will explain it away with some kind of Crisis of Infinite Earths.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment