Saturday, September 10, 2011

Working with a Broken Toe


It has been a little over a week since I have broken my toe.  Today was also the first day that I made some half decent money. Of course it won’t mean anything if I do not make the rest of what I need tomorrow. My budget isn’t strict but it is the best guideline I have for my bills. If I pretend my bills are $1200 ad month and I pretend I bring in $1200 a month (my father used to say when I asked how much money did you make he simply told me he wasn’t making any money he was only bringing it in.) then I am even. However, if I bring in $1400 a month and my bills are actually $1000 a month then I have a four hundred dollar surplus I can spend on comic books.

Could I spend the money on other things, of course, but at the moment I am content in getting these four color books. Eventually I will budget I a new car but at the moment the one I have is doing what it needs to do.  I hope my toe heels a bit quicker than the allotted time so I can really work some extra hours, especially with the holiday’s coming up. I am going to try to keep plugging away with my current plan, for that to happen though I need to make sure not to break anything else.

I do have some things planned for next year including a cross country trip to San Diego, a cruise or Two, and of course Wizard World Philadelphia 2012. I will need money for all these things so once again I will have to be more diligent in saving, maybe stop getting so many books, or maybe, just maybe I might decide to win the lottery.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment