Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What about the Doctor?


What about the Doctor

On Wednesdays I buy comic book and on Saturday’s I miss the Doctor.  Every Saturday night Doctor who plays on the BBC. I was introduced to this sci-fi show when I was just a kid. My sister’s best friend told me about t Doctor and I was introduced to him first by the show, then by books, my first Doctor? Tom Baker. I followed him on the NJN which didn’t always have good reception and if I was really lucky I would find him on PBS but one of my most memorable moments of a memory I don’t fully remember was when my Father found me in the library and I lost track of time. Apparently even reading about the Doctor and the TARDIS I was transported through a full day at the library without realizing anything but pages were moving from one side of the book to the other.

I work overnights which is only one of the reasons why I miss the show on Saturdays, the other is I really don’t feel like paying for cable when I would only watch a couple of shows. These shows I would download of I-Tunes to own anyway. Case in point, I am downloading the latest Doctor Who show, I started this Sunday afternoon and my internet is just getting worse. I called my provider and I am still waiting for some resolve. Then a decision might have to be made. I mainly picked the wireless aspect because I wanted to use it on my lap top, but now I have a touch screen desk top, what do I need that for.

As much as I enjoy the television show and have only read the books in the past I don’t see why I don’t pick up a current novelization or even a comic book by IDW, after all I do enjoy Locke & Key as well as the Cape. I never realized how dependant I have become on technology whether it is through my computer or smart phone. The thing is, without these two items I would not be collecting the way I have been collecting nor have the best set of my favorite series with only a few more to complete them. I guess since I have an hour left to download this show, a download that should have taken no more than five minutes I will take a nap when it is finished, or maybe take a nap while it finishes and maybe six hours from now it will be done. As I mentioned I only had an hour left on the timer but this is the third day. 

1 comment:

  1. What about the BIG FINISH audio series, featuring all the surviving Doctors from the classic series that ran from 1963 to 1989?

    The have been producing them for over 12 years (they started 1999) with the 5th, 6th, and 7th Doctors, then quickly added 1 time Doctor Paul McGann, who has gone on to produce over 60 stories.

    In 2012 Tom Baker (the 4th Doctor) joins the party, with original 12 stories, 6 along Savage companion Leela (Louis Jameson) and 6 with Romana (Played my Mary Tamm,as the Time Lady's first incarnation.)

    These come out monthly.

    ReplyDelete