Sunday, September 25, 2011

Catching up on Sleep


My toe is feeling better so I decided to catch upon my chores. This didn't work so well since I was also helping a friend of mine with one of his. This was an important chore for him since he was moving the last thing out of his old house and into his new house. It was in the middle of my night. I guess it was like waking up at three in the morning and moving for two hours and then back to be for a little bit. I did get to clean things around my place but just not enough.

I cleaned until I felt tired and then slept, or tried to. My mind is racing with everything I want to do, including brush up on the Holocaust. The comic books I have bought in the past few months are piling up; both my new books and my CGC graded books. In fact I still have to pay off three of my books I bought in one of the latest auctions. Sleep apparently isn’t the only thing I have to catch up on. I have other chores too since one of my friends has to be admitted to assisted living and it looks like I am the best candidate to get this done.

At times I feel that there is so much to do that instead of making a list and methodically checking completed item off one after the other I just want to sleep, but I also have to make sure to sleep since I am fighting off a cold and I hate getting tired at work. I look around my place at things I should be doing other than writing this but I enjoy writing. It is an escape for me and I am about to start my day. As a younger man I hated sleep, I wanted to give up on it but as someone who is getting older I sometimes crave those little escapes.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment