Tuesday, September 6, 2011

This for That

I joined the CGC registry over two years ago. My points recently have stagnated. The only way I can go up in the ranking is to add all my CGC comic books, including the ones I wish to sell, or buy more comic books. I started looking at one of my Favorite websites for that hoping maybe I can get a good deal. I want to do this, I truly do, but then my budget is shot. I won’t have the money to send in fifty books to CGC next month. This is where I take a deep breath.

I have to remind myself to be patient, to wait. What I should be doing is diligently place items on eBay that I don’t want anymore. My issues of FF for instance. I wouldn’t mind selling all five for a nominal price just to get rid of them. If I can start off just selling a few issues and not spend the money the second it arrives in PayPal I might be able to save up for that one particular item I want. This will take time.

I look around my abode and see two of my collections displayed predominantly. They are my comic books and my shot glasses. The other portion of this collection is my Star Wars items. Some are displayed but not all, like my action figures. They are placed in safely in totes and stored in my closet, dry and dark, two of the best things for a collection to be placed in. I should start selling them. Part of me is crying out no, the other part is thinking that they will only be a sacrifice if I buy what I truly want.

No comments:

Post a Comment