Monday, September 5, 2011


It always seems that when I am hurt I try to do more. Waiting tables with a broken toe is no exception. I did this for a couple hours with horrendous results. If I succeeded I would finally be where I was hoping to be with paying off what I owe my Father. All in all I will at least be able to pay off half of it. I was hoping to get the whole lump sum completed so this way I could borrow yet more money to get some books graded, about fifty of them.

September 18th is the next comic convention in Philadelphia. It is a small con which happens about ten times a year but I get to find some good deals. I will also buy some bags there so I can bag and board the books I plan to send into get graded. If I am lucky I will be able to sell off what I don’t want and keep the ones I do. The funds from this mini venture should pay off what I borrowed from my father and give me an amount to use for a second grouping of fifty. Not to mention being able to add to my Daredevil collection starting with issue #180.


I don’t want to make a living off this but I do want to be able to purchase larger ticketed items, like a Daredevil #168 in a 9.8, this book averages around $700. I won’t pay above five. But the other numbers surrounding that will cost an average of $100 a piece. I can’t afford that at $2.83 an hour no matter how many extra hours I work, of course I just have to make sure I have no more broken toes.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment