Monday, September 19, 2011

Taking a Day Off



I didn’t mean to, in fact I didn’t want to but after forcing myself to stay up and drive to a comic book convention in Essington PA I came home and fell asleep after a dose of Nyquil. I have been working a lot and I can feel a cold coming on and wished to stop it before it started. I was supposed to pick up five new CGC books for me but somehow that was not to be the case. I am patient so I am OK with that. I still went to drop off a check and a comic book to get John Romita’s Signature. I am hoping for a grade of a 9.2, this grade it out of a ten being the highest.

I did pick up some really cheap books and a few others to read but didn’t spend the big bucks. I almost bought an ASM #119 in a 9.2 as well as an Eternals #1 sketch Variant in a gem ten. I passed o both since it was more than the amount of money I was willing to spend. I had the cash in pocket and am utterly grateful I had the willpower to pass on those books. At least now for next month I have something to save up for. If I didn’t owe out the money I currently do I would have had no problem picking up both of them.

And maybe since I skipped a day I will write another when I wake up. Once again it will be a Nyquil induced sleep. I hate to take the things but I have been working between 65 to 80 hours a week and while you are trying to figure that out, the diner that I work at is open 24 hours. I have been faling behind in a few things, like my chores, but my toe is healing so after a good day’s sleep I plan on catching up on y chores and then updating my collection.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment