Thursday, September 8, 2011

Today is the Day….After Pt 2



I can’t believe I am contemplating getting rid of more comic books. These are titles I never should have collected, like FF (not short for Fantastic Four). The Fantastic Four is one of those titles I collected here and there throughout the years. I think my first issue was around #277, or at least around that era. Sue Storm was taken over by Malice, Kristoff repeated sending the Baxter Building up into space while he was Doctor Doom. And the She-Hulk replaced The Thing as the team’s power house.

My latest attempt in collecting the Fantastic Four started with issue #536. Thor’s Hammer was trying to be picked up by a gloved hand was something I knew I had to have. The following storylines kept me on board, even after the title changed from the Fantastic Four to FF with the disappearance of Johnny Storm. I never should have collected it from this point on. After #5, I quit the title.


I look forward to the legacy numbering returning with issue #600 but I do wish the major two would stop playing with their numbers. I was going to start a few titles with DC’s new 52 but decided against it after having some time to skim through some of their titles. I realized I can’t go back to the way I was collecting which was to collect just to collect. Now I have to scour my collection over, again and place some comics aside to sell and use that money to buy back issues of things I really want. I might wait till the trades come out but I could always splurge on an i-Pad and collect them digitally but then I wonder, how will CGC grade those.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment