Saturday, September 24, 2011

Winning in an Auction


I don’t know why I did it. I just did. They weren't necessarily a book I wanted to collect but I won on three books on one of the latest comic book auctions. The books were three different issues from Kazar. Each of those issues was from the run he had in the eighties. I never collected them when they came out since I just started collecting comic books and really didn't know about him. I was too busy immersing myself into the world of super heroes to be worried about Tarzan reject.

My curiosity about the character started years and years later, most likely with Vol #1 issue #12 of Daredevil.   I still never searched for any of his books until recently, but still didn’t pick any up. I was too enthralled in completing my New Mutants collection. Now that collection is almost complete I also decided to collect Locke & Key but I wanted to collect something else. Something older and Kazar wound up being that title but only because they were so cheap….and I felt like winning an auction. My losses were piling up.

I won the books and am now trying to think maybe I should have bid on the others because when I checked eBay out for other issues, none of them were that cheap. I think this series will take me a long time to complete because I really do not want to spend that much on them. I also have to decide if I want to collect the other Volumes too because the title character also had small runs in 71 and 74. I think these will go nicely with my copy of X-men #10 (Stan Lee’s Signature Series) which is out in CGC Limbo of verified but on a side not at least the books I had g to San Diego are know in the Waiting to be Graded status. 

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment