Saturday, September 17, 2011

Running Late



I tend to be very punctual; actually I cannot even remember the last time I was late. In the past forty eight hours my sleep has been minimal. This morning instead of writing I opted to sleep for a few hours before helping my friend move some things. It became “a waste of time” as he puts it. I guess I was a bit more optimistic about it because I just chalked it up as time with my best friend. The situation changed and I came back home for a nap. I woke up, not to the phone ringing “The Devil came down to Georgia”, which is the tune I opted to choose when ring tones first came available but I woke from a dream that I was late for work and rushing to get there.

Although I wasn’t late for work I realized I didn’t get a phone call to come back over to his house to help him out. I went to my phone thinking that I slept through his call when I realized he didn’t call at all. He opted to let me sleep knowing my schedule….well sucks. I should be back in bed now, which I will do after I write this but I checked my e-mail and found out someone else was late. I don’t hold this against him, but tomorrow is a Philadelphia Comic-Con. It is a small one day event that lasts for about six hours. I had planned for someone to drop off some books to someone else who would be there. This is because of my distrust of the USPS.
   
I was looking forward to getting those on Sunday and even though I am upset that I have not, I am not worrying about it. They are mine and they aren’t lost so that is a positive. And I wonder, how do I stay so positive in spite of things going wrong? Is it because I work in a negatively charged environment, is it because I have a supportive father, friends, and cat? I do want these books and even though I cannot get them tomorrow I do want them soon, I guess I will have them shipped to my father’s and have the invoice sent to me at my house this way I don’t hear my Father; “How much did you pay?”

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment