Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Today is the Day Pt 2

Anytime there was a holiday on a Monday in the past comic book shops always had the new comics for the week go on sale Thursday instead of Wednesday. There were many times I forgot and still made my way to the shop to buy my new books. I never felt like an idiot when this happened, just disappointed in myself that I didn’t remember. This year, for some odd reason, the holidays did not seem to effect comic book release dates.

I made my trek into center city to buy my comic books. Since it was a holiday week, it just took longer for the store employees to place them on the shelf. I am patient so I decided to look at the back issues before finally making my way to the new issues. Today was the day I was going to pick up two DC books. Some of them seemed to be up first so I scanned through them. I looked at Swamp Thing since I fondly remember a bit of that series from my youth, written by Alan Moore if I remember correctly. I always thought the un-men were cool.

Of course I also checked out Detective comic books and Action Comics along with Hawk and Dove, and OMAC. This gave me time to think. Which one should I buy? Action should have been a no brainer, that and Detective comic books. Swamp Thing did look good but did I want to spend my hard earned money. I wondered and saw that the only books Marvel had for me this week was New Avengers Annual #1 and X-Men #17. I bought those, two bags and boards and nothing else.

I do like a good impulse buy every now and then, and even looked at Action Comics #508 that I should have picked up but I have to say Sorry DC, this week I think I will pass. It is not that I don’t want to give you a chance but I think I would rather go buy a few Fables trades or maybe just maybe see if Batman and Robin, or Green lantern might hold more of an interest for me when they arrive at my LCS next week.

Thanks for Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment