Thursday, September 15, 2011

Getting Confirmation


Yesterday I picked up a copy of The New Ultimate Spider-Man and I heard that they were bagged because inside was a random chance of a signed variant by none other than Stan “The Man” Lee himself. I would like to tell you that after cutting the bag open carefully with scissors I discovered, that’s right, you read it here first I discovered an unsigned copy of the book. It wasn't like any other book either it was good, signed or not signed. This is the way a number one should start off, not mentioning any other comic book companies…cough cough.

After some people read my entry through comicbooked.com word came back after a day that they received a signed copy. If my internet wasn’t working so sporadically I would add the link to the picture on twitter. Congratulations to that guy. I can’t say that I am upset about not getting a signed copy especially since that is not the reason I got the book in the first place. Nope, I got it because I hope it would be a good read and I wasn’t let down. I really cannot wait till issue #2.

I don’t want to spoil anything but the ending was a classic ending of why I like comic books. I want to know what happens next. I might have to wait a month but I for one plan on rereading it just like my Locke & Key issues. Comics are becoming fun again. I have a few more to read including Fear Itself and Daredevil before going to bed this Thursday morning, late morning anyway. But I wonder with one more bagged number one coming out soon, will I be lucky enough to look in awe one of those coveted golden tickets, oops…sorry Willy Wonka just popped in my head.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment