Saturday, September 3, 2011

Benefit of the Doubt

I have collected DC comics in the past but my passion was with Marvel and has so remained with them. I picked up Flashpoint #1 because then ending of the book gripped me much like a novel by my favorite author’s Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Book two became a letdown, but that’s ok because you need to drop after such a climatic first issue and build from there. The series was written like a short story with the highs and lows. The unfortunate circumstance is although you can read the five issue limited as a while story, you don’t get the full effect unless you read the side stores. Something I am not going to do.

Books I collected in the past from this company were JLA, Action, Batman, Detective, JLA Europe (am I remembering that title correctly), Captain Atom, Hawk and Dove, Teen Titans, New Teen Titans (I loved Brother Blood), Captain Carrot, Green Lantern, well I can go on. I was disappointed in the end of Flashpoint that Batman knew The Flash but in JLA he didn’t know anyone. I’ll have to see if they resolve this or if they started off with a mistake. So for the month of September I pledge to give DC a try, after all I will need wrapping paper in December.

I will pick up at least one book for each week of September. These books will be Action Comics, and Detective comics for September 7th. I will get Batman and Robin along with Green Lantern for Week Two. Legion of Super Heroes and SuperGirl for September 21st and the last week I will try Teen Titans and The Flash. I only picked the Flash over the Dark Knight because I want to see if they tie up the loose end I so desperately want them to tie up. If they are good, if DC winds me over, then I will stop collecting the individual books and just wait for the trades unless DC can really Wow me in September, they won’t have my business in October.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment