Friday, September 2, 2011

I am normally off every Thursday. It is my one day off out of the week. This week however, my day off….well it doesn't exist. I don’t mind either because it was an easy day at work. They wanted me to manage and it was so dead managing was easy. The difficult part was watching my fellow coworkers struggle for tables. There weren't any. The other struggle was when a table finally came in I had to hobble them to a seat on a broken toe.

I knew my toe was broken but the adult in me said go to the doctor’s. I did, it cost $15. They didn't want to tell me my toe was broken so they sent me to get an x-ray, it cost $25. I went home after the wait and tried to get some sleep before working my extra night shift. I missed the call from the Doctor and was able to call them back and talk to them right before they closed. Their final verdict was…. It is broken. I spent $40 to find that out. I just bought a copy of X-Men #199 for $36 in a CGC 9.8 with white pages and the shipping was included. Please, you tell me the better deal.

I know I spend a lot of money on comic books. I do. My healthcare increased over a span of six months and I didn't even use it. I know my healthcare will go up again so this time I am trying to get my money’s worth, but another $40 on top of my $200 plus a month just to have the card. Blue Cross Blue shield my ass, it’s more like Blue Anchor, Blue rock.

I was ahead of my budget for the month and now I am set back, I am not blaming the breaking of my toe for taking my extra funds. A lot of that extra money disappearing is due to buying comic books too. I mean I did by the JLA #1 from DC without originally meaning too. I know it was only $4, hold the line at $2.99??? So even though I hobbled and winced with each step I did put in an extra shift, an extra shift which will add to my extra funds which in turn will add to even more comic books. Unless I decide to accidently break the other toe.

Thank for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment