Sunday, September 4, 2011

Craving My Addiction

At times when I was younger I needed a comic book much like a smoker needs a cigarette. I am feeling that way now. Unfortunately it is not any comic book I want but the ones I am patiently waiting for so I can add them to my collection. Of course I am talking about CGC graded comic books. I have four that I will not be able to get before the 18th of September, another which is in transit somewhere, and a few more at CGC itself. All in all I have at least ten more waiting to come to me. I can wait till Wednesday when new books arrive; I don’t yet feel like I need a comic book to read. I still have enough here.

I want to add to my registry. I want to show that I am an avid collector not just by my words but by my collection. This is a nagging hunger, one I have to squelch or I fear it will encompass me and dwindle my funds. This past week was a glorious opportunity for me to jump ahead of the game with extra hours. A broken toe destroyed this hope. Over this next month I will have to budget tighter because next month in October I plan to send in more books to get graded, twenty for my collection and thirty to hopefully sell.

Of course what am I going to do with that thirty??? I am going to sell them to put towards more books. My addiction doesn’t have to control me. With proper thought and planning instead of craving my addiction I can feed it.

Thanks for reading

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are a high-functioning addict. :)

    ReplyDelete