Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wizard World: The People I Know


After collecting comic books for so many years one tends to meet new people and reacquaint with old friends. Although Keegan from Comics to Astonish sells at this event, it was a smaller event that I met him and since then he is one of the sellers I trust on price and quality. Being that he goes to other cons to set up and sell he is also the guy I choose first to get me signatures for CGC graded books. As you walk around the convention floor, I recommend stepping by his booth for a great selection at a great price

Then there is Ashleigh Arsenic. Another artist I didn’t meet at Wizard World, but a diner some two or three in the morning. She created and founded Pretty Poison Burlesque and I have read more Facebook status' at how hard she works but is thankful she loves it. I hope to stop by her booth and help her anyway I can, I hope you might do the same to show your support as well, and if you are a David Bowie fan, especially of his performance in Labyrinth, you might want to ask her to show you her tattoo.

The third I can't wait to see is Brad Guigar. At least this is a person I met at Wizard World but have followed him to other shows and purchased some of his original strips which he will have some at Wizard World Philadelphia 2013 along with his seven volumes of Evil Inc, a personal favorite of mine. He began doing webcomics over ten years ago and I was fortunate to find him syndicated through a local newspaper. And if any of the little bit of information I gave you was wrong, Evil Atom made me say it.

The last of those I know at follow are two friends of mine. One I have known before I was a teenager while the other one I met at a Halloween party hosted by my lifelong friend. John Iwasz and Sanj Surati would be the type to decide having a zombie as a pet would be pretty cool. They both started with small vignettes for YouTube with dear Zombie letters, along with Cocktails for zombies and Brewing for zombies. Both can be followed along and produce said cocktails or beer…with subtitles of course. Their pet project Zombie casserole is busy being edited and a trailer should be ready to be viewed at Wizard World.

Hopefully by this time next year I can add to the list of people I know, however I must give props to those that work at CGC making sure all the books are set to be witnessed and graded, but that is for a whole other time.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment