Thursday, October 16, 2014

A 5th shot of Reviews (15-Oct-14)



Edge of Spider-Verse #5:

This is the final issue before the story finally starts. I still remember Secret Wars where the lead up issue was a panel or two on the final page. These days there is always a prologue that can take months before the main event. If this was the morsel, I'm looking forward to the entree. 

Spider-Man 2099 #5:

Another Spider-Verse lead in. Peter David has been known to me for years. He was always good, but never great, not to me anyway. Issues 1-4 were entertaining, each cover has been beautiful, and now Peter is dabbling in Dan Slott's world and doing so quite marvelously. 

Justice League #35:

This title continues to be a roller coaster ride of fun, especially with Lex Luthor on the roster. 

Axis #2:

Another great issue. Not as good as the first but still exhilarating. I also love how all I have to read is this series. No side issues and no one shots. The art compliments each page. I can't wait until the next issue. 

Ms. Marvel #9:

A sleeper hit of the year? This title has also reached the hands of my girlfriend, a non-collector. The Inhumans were never one of my favorite creations. And with the terragin mists spread throughout the world, there are more Inhumans than ever before, next we will all find out mutants are Inhumans too. And after 9 issues, G. Willow Wilson still has my attention. 

Original Sin Annual #1:

I could have waited for this to be compiled in the trade. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. 

Uncanny X-Men #27:

I still wish they never renumbered this series. The art is some of my favorite and Bendis keeps the characters going.

Daredevil #9:

I still enjoy the tales of Matt Murdock, but the artwork is lacking. The original Purple Man was created way back in Daredevil #4 and now we are dealing with his kids who emit some sort of hive mind, but after all this time I'm afraid I'm collecting just to say I have them all. 

Thanks for Reading


No comments:

Post a Comment