Saturday, October 11, 2014

A 4th Shot of Reviews (11-Oct-14)



Amazing Spider-Man #7: 

Ms Marvel guest stars and reminds me a bit like when my lil bro met Stan Lee for the first time. Dan Slott continues to give me a comic title to enjoy month after month. 

AXIS #1: 

The first half of the book was better than the second half. I disliked only one thing. I wanted to see the Falcon as the new Captain America in his own series first. Rick Remender is starting this series off like a fight gone bad, like a kick to the groin. 

Thanos: A God up there is Listening #1

This is more about the son of Thanos than Thanos. If I would have skimmed through the comic before buying it, I would have passed. 


Imperial #3: 

I am truly loving this series. If there was a vote for best new series for 2014, this would be my pick. Bonus: no ads. 

Birthright #1: 

Please read full review...or better yet, buy the book. 

Avengers #36: 

There are so many confusing elements including Sunspot in charge of AIM, and telling Thor what to do. Not to mention Cannonball being a father. This comic book has fun written all over it. 

Sex Criminals #8: 

I can't say the issue slows down because it was a series that never picked up, it was always at a steady pace, like driving down the freeway at 65 mph. I have yet to read an issue I don't like. 

Black Science #9: 

This is a title I have to read twice. Cross dimensional travel can always be confusing much like living backwards. Black Science is one of those series that you have to start at the beginning with. Fortunately, the first issue is not expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment