Thursday, April 11, 2013

Marvel Now: A 2nd Roundabout Review



Is Age of Ultron a Marvel Now title? And when does Marvel Now become Marvel Then? Besides I'm getting confused I don't know when the Avengers are? Iron Man is in space and now part of the Guardians of the Galaxy. The 616 universe, if that's still the universe we are in has finally brought Jim Shooter's New Universe into play. Although I vaguely remember Marvel trying something like this before, both StarBrand and NightMask are intriguing additions.

Mark Waid has been weaving a tale in Bruce Banner's Universe incorporating Sheild. Not to mention Daredevil which technically was started over with a new number one pre-Marvel Now. Both titles are part if my must get list. 

Uncanny Avengers I like the least, while with the Avengers I am waiting for Sam and Roberto to be used a bit more. New Avengers keeps  redefining what an avengers should be, especially in light of Captain America having his mind wiped. And how soon does Hank McCoy become like the Beast from the Apocalypse universe.

All New X-Men and  Uncanny X-Men continue to be the rock of my Marvel Universe. I like how the two titles read together give you more of a feel that you read three. If the universes could be made tighter like a good weave on an expensive oriental rug rather than start over with a new number one maybe their would be less of buying the next big thing and more buying of everything. 

As far as Captain America, FF, Fantastic Four, and a few other Marvel Now comic books, I'm sticking with the ones I mention in more than just name. 

DC added another title that I will give another month to and Valiant is still a short tight universe but I'm afraid with upcoming future titles I might just pass on. 

If I had to recommend one official Marvel Now title I'd  recommend the Indestructible Hulk primarily because you don't have read anything else to enjoy it.

Thanks for Reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment