Friday, April 5, 2013

Locke & Key: A Roundabout Review


This is the end. I might not have started at the beginning but I started to follow after the third hardcover came out. Joe Hill started off with "Welcome to LoveCraft" and followed with "Headgames" and "Crown of Shadows" just finished. Free comic book day introduced me to the series and then "Keys to the Kingdom" came out. At first I thought I would wait for the next hardcover to come out, the thing is I couldn't. I needed to know what happened to the Locke children.

I continued with each new issue that came out. "Clockworks" became the first issue I purchased graded. The 9.9 signature series copy was the first one of its kind. Others have surfaced. I did eventually sell that copy. It now resides out in Seattle. The series ended with a beautiful cliff hanger and I had to wait yet again for the next limited series.

"Omega" arrived earlier this year and will end this year. This time it will be over. I am very much against constant relaunches. I would much rather have issues in the high hundreds for titles that originally started in the golden age through to today. But, I can withstand numerous number ones when it comes to a limited series. Dark Horse has been great at that for years, but IDW has proven itself among the greats and it was Locke and Key.

After reading Issue #4 as my last ComicBook for my weekly haul not only did I thoroughly enjoy it but I also felt a tinge of sadness. This great series is ending. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Read the trades and then anxiously wait for the end. I don't think I can do it alone.

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment