Thursday, September 25, 2014

A 2nd Shot of Reviews (9-24-14)



What did you pick up this week?


Amazing X-Men #11

When Nightcrawler returned, I was estatic, but the Amazing X-Men is anything but an ecstatic read. I decided to give this series an extended shot since it has the majority of the X-Men I grew up with, but I fear issue 12 might be my last for the series.


The Last Broadcast #5

My only Indie title. Issue 1 was enjoyable and I've been caught up in it ever since. The artwork is sketchy, but it works with the story. And at the end I'm wondering, what the???

Edge of Spider-Verse #3

In my first "Shot of Reviews" I mentioned how much I disliked issue #2. This issue was the opposite. I like it so much I wrote a full review on it. 

Guardians of the Galaxy #19

My first introduction to the Guardians was in the 90's. When I was first introduced to these "new" guardians, I passed until they starred in their own series; 18 issues later and I am still enjoying the ride. How could I complain with Thanos and the cosmic cube?

New Avengers #24

Jonathan Hickman has been doing an amazing job. This issue is no exception. The only qualms I have are, what do a bunch of villains care if the Earth is destroyed? I do understand if the Earth is Destroyed, so is the universe, but is that enough for these characters to do what Namor suggests? And what about the Sub-Mariner, why does he feel off? However, Hickman portrayed Doom as good as I have ever seen him. 

Thanks for Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment