Thursday, August 28, 2014

Black Science #8: A Roundabout Review

Black Science #8
Produced by Image Comics
Written by Rick Remender
Art by Matteo Scalero



After six issues of a title, I knew if I would continue to collect or drop the title. As I grew older, I placed that limit to three. After eight issues, Black Science continues to impress. The story is never quick or slow. The art never overcomes or is underscored. The comic simply is that, a comic book. 

As a teen, I would look forward to the next month, almost not being able to wait the appointed time. I don't feel that way much in today's market and yet...dare I say, after reading issue 8, I can't wait until issue nine arrives at Fat Jack's, my LCS on Sansom Street. 

I don't know what's going to happen next. I can't predict it, which is enjoyable. Kadir, who sabotaged the project seems to be filled with remorse, Nate McKay, the son of Grant, is a bit more of a surprise as he defends his older sister, and the Shaman adds to the story. It seems his people didn't create the technology they use, they only adopted it into their culture. He explains it as Black Science.


The book has a mixed feel of Quantum Leap meets Space Family Robinson.  All in all, a really good book. 

4 out of 5 stars for the book

No comments:

Post a Comment